Mr Affonso Moraes recorded his first album at 72 years of age, so this is the only available video of this gem.
I’ve Been Busy
Pra ver jogo de bola já não tenho tempo.
Tento ir à escola, mas apenas tento.
O guarda apita, o pedestre hesita, eu furo o farol.
Volto pra casa, ligo a TV,
|I’ve Been Busy
Affonso MoraesI no longer have time to watch soccer.
I try to go to school, but I just try.
I’ve been busy1,
The traffic cop blows his whistle, the pedestrian hesitates, I run a red light.
I go back home, turn on the TV,
(1) The verb Andar can be used as an auxiliary verb to express an ongoing situation. Examples:
- • Ando cansado. = I’ve been tired.
- • Eles andam ocupados. = They’ve been busy.
- • Maria anda trabalhando muito. = Maria has been working a lot.
- (2) Cachaça is a Brazilian liquor made from fermented sugar cane juice. It is the most popular distilled alcoholic beverage in Brazil. Street vendors selling cachaça and lemonade are a common beach scene in Brazil. Visit our blog to learn how to make caipirinha, Brazil’s most popular cocktail.
Street Smart Brazil offers Portuguese classes and intercultural coaching for individuals and organizations. Learn Portuguese from anywhere in the world with our one-on-one, live webcam classes.
Contact us to request your 30-minute free demo lesson via webcam today!